Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

and so it begins...

Well, here we are. I feel like the first blog post is always so awkward. Like your first date which is actually his senior prom and a friend volunteered you to go with him without telling you first, so you go because your friend said you would, and he seems like a nice guy anyways, and your parents want all those awful prom pictures of your putting on his boutonniere and standing nicely together, and then the actual location is two hours away and you don't really have anything to talk about on the drive there because you don't know each other, but it turns out that you had a great time and he's funny (and CUTE!) and such a gentleman and so you stay up ridiculously late to talk on the phone and finally make it 'official' and then it's ten years later and you've been married for four years and have a beautiful baby girl and thank your lucky stars that your friend set you up.

Wait...that was just me?

Anyways. I wanted to start this little space of mine as a place to overshare, like above (not for that sole purpose alone, but more than likely this will be a frequent event) and to be  place to share what I'm doing as a young (and hopefully hip) mother of one and teacher in a small town. I've always liked to peruse blogs, but once I became pregnant I was a crazy information junkie, and it's only gotten worse as I'm trying to find ideas of how to have fun and maybe teach my baby a little something along the way. I hope you'll find something useful here, or at least slightly entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment